Re: [icon-users] A couple of feature requests

  • From: mhh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 18:40:10 -0000 (GMT)

> John Harrison
> http://www.jaharrison.me.uk
> Message sent from an Iyonix running RISC-OS 5

These non breaking spaces are very useful.
On the above you could replace RISC-OS 5 with RISC<non breaking space>OS<non
breaking space>5.
I try to remember to do this whenever this is in the text on RISCOScode so that
the RISC and OS do not get split
across lines on text.
Same for Risc<non breaking space>PC.

I've always done it with filenames to avoid things like my_app .
So I'd put my<non breaking space>app instead.

And, of course, in html there is "nbsp;"

I didn't know you could do it with the hyphen though; thanks for that.

Regards,
Martin.

http://www.MathMagical.co.uk

http://www.RISCOScode.com