[icon-discuss] Re: suggested improvements to the RSS reader

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 20:00:48 -0500

Larry,  in RSS or email,  try 1 and 3 keys for word nav, 4 and 6 for
paragraph nav, * and # for links nav.  Press and hold OK key for opening
links.  Other info in the Document navigation section of ICON Help.  G.

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Research,
Human Ability & Accessibility Center,   (HA&AC)
Austin Tx.
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

". . . Maybe it was only those who were most certain they were right who
were guaranteed to be wrong. And that maybe, just maybe, those who
questioned the most were in the end those who came closest to being wise."
[David Poyer, The Command]

"Larry Lumpkin" <llumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: icon-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
04/11/2008 04:01 PM
Please respond to

<icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[icon-discuss] suggested improvements to the RSS reader

I think the way the RSS program processes feeds and podcasts is top notch
but I have some suggestions concerning the reader.
1.  I think it would be helpful to have the reader act more like the web
browser.  It would be nice to be able to navigate via web-based elements
such as headings, sections, etc. if the items were available.
2.  The ability to jump to a pre-determined sized block of text like is
found in some screen readers.
3.  fix sthe bug that keeps you from arrowing up or down while reading is
in progress.
Larry