[icon-discuss] [icon-discuss]Error Powering Off

  • From: "Rich Ring" <ring2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 08:33:07 -0500

Hello:
I am reporting this problem because I wonder if anyone else has experienced
it.
Last evening I was reading a Bookshare book with my Icon.  When it came time
to put the Icon and myself to bed, I pressed and held the cancel key in
order to power off the unit.  The Icon said, "error powering off" and stayed
on.  Another symptom of the problem was this.  If I held down the status key
to get to the status menu, the only item that displayed was the time and
date.  No other data appeared.  I attempted to do a reboot with pound star
and program 1.  The Icon said, "restarting" but it didn't restart.    I was
able to solve the problem by pressing the reset button in the battery
compartment.  But it was weird.
I don't consider this to be a huge deal, all computer devices exhibit
unexpected behavior occasionally, I was just rather surprised by this one.