[icon-discuss] Re: problem with the address book

  • From: "Richard Turner" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 05:47:22 -0700

OK Paul, you are right and it is a bug; at least in my opinion.
APH Staff, please take a look at this.
Paul's instructions are quite easy to duplicate this.
If we type something into a field in computer braille; it should stay in
computer braille and when you move character by character it should read in
computer braille.

Paul, one work around which isn't the best, is to do what I suggested might
work in the first place.  When you know you need to go look up that key; or
anything else that was entered in computer braille; go to utilities,
settings, general settings and temporarily tuchange your input method to
computer braille.  Then, go to the address book and what you entered reads
correctly in computer braille.

Again for APH staff, when printing becomes an option; this could be a huge
mess.  If I enter something in computer braille and it gets translated to
grade 2; when it prints out it isn't going to be anything like I want it.

That is my two cents on this one.

Good catch Paul.

Richard