[icon-discuss] Re: how to reset to solve media player issue

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 09:21:40 -0400

Hi Julie:

I would encourage you to explore the manual anytime you want to know how to do
something.

Although you can certainly back up to your PC, using Disk Drive Mode, however,
you will have a Backup Option in the Utilities Menu (option 6, 7).  Press
Select, then down arrow to choose the current date and time for your backup.
Press the OK key and it will tell you when it is done.  Thereafter, anytime you
do an update to your unit, or if you have to reflash, you can go back to that
same menu, find that particular date and choose "Restore" from the menu and
it'll restore your settings.

As Mary pointed out, you can't destroy it, unless you drop it or throw it in
the river!  So, don't be afraid to try.  You can always do a Reset, if all else
fails.  If you get into trouble, we'll all be here to help you out!

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> juliestamm@xxxxxxxxx 07/18/07 02:32AM >>>
Could someone please walk me step by step through the backup process? I know
the icon has its own backup utility, but where does it back up to? In disk
drive mode, I can back up the drive on my computer, but will that work? I
don't want to attempt either without knowing exactly what to do and how to
do it.

Thanks so much!!

julie