[icon-discuss] Re: file explorer issue

  • From: Clinton Lindgren <clinton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jblasdell9501188@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 12:29:44 -0800

Hi there, Tony, and whoever else might be reading this.

,as far as your first issue, you actually want to press Status twice quickly to
hear the information you really want.  As far as the second, much more serious
issue, I just recently had a similar experience.  I was copying a couple of
directories to a flash drive (not NLS books, just a couple directories with MP3
content), and the process seemed to be taking an unusually long time.  I
pressed Status twice, and was told that the process was 100 percent complete.
I gave it about 10 more minutes, because I was doing other things at the time,
and then I gave up and finally pressed ,cancel, so I could do other things with
the unit.  I found that the two directories were on my flash drive, but upon
investigating their contents, I found that they were not complete.  Not only
that, but one of the MP3 files, which is known to be over an hour long, was
only about 18 minutes long on the flash drive, so it was not completely copied
either.

I don't know what might be causing this behavior, and I only tried copying
those two directories once that way.  I copied them over using my PC after
that, so I could be sure they would be complete.
Does anyone else have any ideas about why this would be happening?