[icon-discuss] Re: contacts edting

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 08:24:00 -0500

Hi John:

The way that it works is that it will always display the last name first, so
even if you edited it, it will always try to put it that way.  Whenever you
select a contact, then choose View, then if you want to make any changes, you
can go into Options and choose Edit.  However, when you are in Edit mode, you
would then use the arrow keys to edit all of the fields at once.  There is no
edit option for each one individually.  Press the OK key when you're finnished.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> john@xxxxxxxxx 02/02/08 06:52PM >>>

Hello,

I hope you all won't mind a naïve question.

I have been using the Icon for so many things... but not yet contacts and
email.  I just syn'd up my email contacts from Outlook and I have dleted the
ones I really don't want in there.  All good so far.

Now, I heard a couple of names in there that I want to edit a little.

For example, ther are some with just a lat name, so I want to add a first
name.  Here is what seems to not be working for me. I choose the Address
Book from the main menu #1.  Then I arrow down to the contact I want to
edit.  When I hear that one, I press Select.  Now I hear First Name BLANK,
and since this is the field I want to edit I press the Options Menu and it
says Addresss Book Menu 8 Edit Alt+E. All good to this point.  I press 8 to
edit this field. When I do it says 5 Select All Ctrl+A. I don't really know
what to do here, no matter what I press, if I try to enter a first name, it
says Text Field is Read Only.  Is this not a place where I can edit a field
in this contact?  What am I doing wrong?

Like I say, it must sound like a pretty beginner question... can't be
helped... that's what I am. <smile>

John Esak