[icon-discuss] Re: batteries

  • From: Kevin Jones <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 06:03:31 -0600

the processor can only support usb1 so usb2 is impossible with th ecurrent hardware. also, usb2 would not charge a device any faster. both usb1 and usb2 supply 500 milo-amps/hour mah of current and the icon battery is 1700 mah so both usb1 and usb2 would take 3.4 hours to charge theoretically.

Chase Crispin wrote:
I wonder if that has something to do with Icon using USB 1.1.
I hope they will switch to USB 2.0 so that we can do faster charges, and faster file transfers. Chase Crispin