[icon-discuss] Re: Support for braille displays

  • From: Nimer <nimerjaber1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 08:46:53 -0700

Compete with BrailleNotes and pacmates? What the heck? They already have surpassed braillenotes and pactrashes by about a zillion miles. They have the memory. They have the connectivity to wireless without cards. They've got the bookshelf. They've got a powerful email application, RSS feeds, ans support with live journal and more sites to come. They've got the games, and if that weren't good enough, they're built upon Linux!! Which, i you don't know what that means, you can take applications that you've written and run them off the consol as I have done. No proprietary Operating System.

Nimer J

Kevin Jones wrote:
there's no reason why they couldn't do both bluetooth and usb but ye support for detachable braille displays would be wonderful. They actually kind of need that to truly compete with the braille notes and pacmates.

David Poehlman wrote:
ofcourse, the diff would be that you'd attach the display but boy would I love a bluetooth connection for my braille display. When I use it on my phone or pc it's great! I'd settle for usb though.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kris Hickerson" <khickerson@xxxxxxxxxxx>