[icon-discuss] Re: Problem With Reading RSS Feeds Offline

  • From: "MICHAEL MCDONALD" <MMCDONALD@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 12:12:42 -0400

Did you actually try and go in to CNN to look at the articles.  When it says
"No New Articles", that means that there are no new articles since RSS has been
loaded.

>>> m.barber@xxxxxxxxx 07/19/07 11:49AM >>>
This morning, I updated my News Folder and was told there were 88 articles
that were cached.  I have my settings so that I can read these offline.
However, when I tried to do this, I was unsuccessful.  I was offline and went
to the Internet Menu and chose RSS News and Podcasts and pressed Select.
After the Feeds were loaded, I went to my News Folder and pressed Right
Arrow.  I chose General and pressed Right Arrow and wanted to read CNN, but I
heard "no new articles."  The same was true with all the other folders I
chose.
When I looked in the RSS folder on the hard drive, there were many .txt files
in there.  So, what am I missing here?
Help is appreciated.

Michael