[icon-discuss] Icon Missing BookShare Titles: Re: braille+ skipping text reading daisy books

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 09:30:11 -0400

I'm not finding this to be the case at all. One thing to be aware of, however,
is that Bookshare lists an author by their entire name. In the case of
Michener, there is one book under James Michener and 23 books under James A.
Michener. This is both in the internet book search program on the Icon and on
the bookshare web site itself.

>>> dnkeys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Tuesday, July 17, 2007 9:39:08 PM >>>
AbsolutelyHello,
Absolutely. It's a real problem as far as I'm concerned.
Something else I've noticed regarding BookShare on the Icon. When
listing books by author, Mitchener for example, the Icon server
doesn't always list all the books. However, if I go to BookShare
directly from either the Icon's browser, The PC running Internet
Explorer, or the Mac running Safari, I always get a complete list of
book titles as searched by author. The Icon appears to miss many of
the titles. I'm not sure however, if this is consistent or not.
Dan