[icon-discuss] Re: Accessing an unnamed wireless network

  • From: Terrell Jones <terrell.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 09:37:19 -0500

Hello,

Correct me if i'm wrong, but it sounds like with the new release you can
add a wireless network. so, this might be fixed. I know that on the
level star podcast they did a demo of the new network manager.
Terrell

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 10:13:11 -0400, Chris G wrote:

>you can't without broadcasting the SSID.
>this is one of the items I wish would be addressed sooner then later.
>Chris
>On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 09:58:04 -0400, you wrote:
>
>>I hope someone out there can help me with this wireless network
>>question.
>>At my office we have a wireless network that does not use WEP.  We have
>>chosen to not broadcast a network name so that only those who know the
>>name
>>can access it.
>>When the Icon Braille plus searches for wireless networks it finds an
>>unnamed network but cannot connect.  Do any of you have an idea how I
>>can
>>get around this?

Get a free email address with REAL anti-spam protection.
http://www.bluebottle.com/tag/1