[icevi-e-contacts] Re: survey for persons with VI and additional disabilities

  • From: Stephen McCall <s.mccall@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "icevi-e-contacts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <icevi-e-contacts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 17:30:56 +0000

Hi Maria

Completed form attached as requested

Best wishes

Steve

________________________________
From: icevi-e-contacts-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[icevi-e-contacts-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of m.kyriacou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[m.kyriacou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 25 March 2014 20:50
To: icevi-e-contacts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: ebucamb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [icevi-e-contacts] survey for persons with VI and additional
disabilities

Dear ICEVI friends,
I am contacting you on behalf of the commission for persons with visual
impairments and additional disabilities of the European Blind Union as part of
the collaboration between ICEVI Europe and EBU with the request to participate
to a mapping exercise regarding persons with additional disabilities and visual
impairments in Europe.
This survey is the first step to the work programme of the commission of
persons with visual impairment and additional disabilities. The commission is
established for the first time after serious realization that greater focus
should be placed on people with additional disabilities. This commission aims
to enable improved understanding and sharing of information about the
population of persons with visual impairment and additional disabilities.
This might be possible through a mapping exercise that will collect, analyse
and assess information from all countries. This preliminary exercise will not
be an end in itself. It will be a fundamental step in enabling the
identification of challenges, the assessment of needs and better targeting of
interventions.
We therefore kindly ask you for your contribution to this survey as your input
is extremely essential in our attempt to deliver our goals and objectives.
We know that you might not be able to complete all parts of the survey but we
strongly encourage you to complete it to the best of your ability.
Do not hesitate to contact me for any queries you have concerning the
completion of the survey.
Please return all completed surveys by May 16, 2014 to Maria Kyriacou at
m.kyriacou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a copy to
ebucamb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Best wishes to all,
Maria Kyriacou
ICEVI contact person of Cyprus and
Coordinator of the Commission for persons with visual impairments and
additional disabilities of the European Blind Union