[icebtac] colour laser printers and swell paper

  • From: "Janet Reynolds" <JReynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icebtac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 23:16:01 +1200

Hi

I wondered if anyone has had experience of printing onto swell (capsule)
paper with a fast laser colour printer. We are thinking of buying one
for large print production and were hoping to choose a model which could
also be used for printing tactile diagrams on swell paper. The issues
seem to be the ink type, the printing temperature and the paper path. I
had a look at http://www.tactilegraphics.org/capsulepaper.html which has
a useful list of ink cartridges but I suspect those are for ink jets
rather than lasers. If anyone has done swell paper printing with a
colour laser then we would be grateful for any advice or
recommendations.

Janet

Janet Reynolds, RNZFB