[ibis-quality] My attempt at rewrite of Section 5.2.2

  • From: "David Banas" <david.banas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ibis-quality@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 10:13:01 -0700

5.2.2           {LEVEL 2}  [Model] Vinl and Vinh correct

The Vinl and Vinh sub-parameters in the [Model] section define the lower
and upper bounds, respectively, of the receiver input switching
uncertainty region. Any ring-back present in the voltage waveform at the
receiver inputs must remain outside of this region, in order to ensure
glitch-free switching.  The values of these sub-parameters should agree
with the "guaranteed DC input switching levels" given in the data sheet.
Any discrepancy should be explained in a comment.

For I/O buffers, Vinl and Vinh values should be below and above,
respectively, Vmeas. Exceptions to this should be explained in a
comment.

5.2.5           {LEVEL 2}  [Model Spec] Vinl and Vinh range correct

Because the input switching uncertainty region defined by the Vinl and
Vinh sub-parameters of the [Model] section (See section 5.2.2.) can be
affected by power supply fluctuation for some I/O standards, a range may
be specified for these sub-parameters in the [Model Spec] section.
However, if this facility is used, several criteria must be met:

-       The "typ" value given must agree with the value given in the
[Model] section.

-       The "min" and "max" values given must be correct for the "min"
and "max" values given for the supply voltage in the [Voltage Range]
section.

David Banas, Sr. Staff Applications Engineer

Advanced Products Division

JPEG image

GIF image