[ibis-quality] Minutes, IBIS Quality Teleconference December 3, 2002

  • From: "Lynne Green" <lgreen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ibis-quality@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 14:58:45 -0500

MINUTES
IBIS Quality Teleconference
December 3, 2002

TIME AND PHONE FOR NEXT MEETING
December 17, 2002
9-10 AM EST (6-7 AM PST)
Phone: 408-974-8478 or 800-249-5618
Meeting access: CONFERENCE SERVER 2, Conference ID: 54644

=20
ROLL CALL
Adam Tambone adamt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
*Barry Katz bkatz@xxxxxxxxxx
Benjamin P Silva benjamin.p.silva@xxxxxxxxx
*Bob Ross bob_ross@xxxxxxxxxx
*Brian Arsenault arsenault_brian@xxxxxxx
Eckhard Lenski Eckhard.Lenski@xxxxxxxxxxx
Eric Brock ebrock@xxxxxxxxxx
Gregory R Edlund gedlund@xxxxxxxxxx
Hazem Hegazy hazem_hegazy@xxxxxxxxxxx
John Figueroa jfigueroa@xxxxxxxxx
Katja Koller Katja.Koller@xxxxxxxxxxx
Kevin Fisher kfisher@xxxxxxxxxx
*Kim Helliwell kimgh@xxxxxxxxx
Lance Wang lwang@xxxxxxxxxxx
*Lynne Green lgreen@xxxxxxxxxxx
*Mike Labonte milabont@xxxxxxxxx
Peter LaFlamme plaflamm@xxxxxxxx
*Robert Haller rhaller@xxxxxxxxxx
Roy Leventhal Roy_Leventhal@xxxxxxxx
Sherif Hammad sherif_hammad@xxxxxxxxxxx
Todd Westerhoff twesterh@xxxxxxxxx
Tom Dagostino tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kazuyoshi Shoji kshohji@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Sadahiro Nonoyama nonoyama@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Everyone in attendance marked by  *

Interested, but have not yet attended:
    Ralf Bruening Zuken ralf.bruening@xxxxxxxx

NOTE: "AR" =3D Action Required.

-----------------------MINUTES ---------------------------

Barry Katz chaired the meeting.

- Review of minutes for November 19
   Approved as written.

AR: Barry to send Adam's new email address.  (Done.)

- Announcements
             - EIA Call for Patent Disclosure
   No company declared a patent.

- AR Review
   Bob Ross to contact Atul.  Not done.
   Lynne Green to contact Charlotte Leventhal to get a style guide.
There is no single style.
We should select whatever style points we prefer.
   No authors have received feedback.

- Opens for new items
   "Stairstepping" in I-V curves.

- Documentation  http://www.sisoft.com/ibis-quality/docs/
   Consistency between checklist and document section numbers and
titles.
Example: "Section 1: General Header".  Need to organize the documents we
have.  Could create
a master document template.
   We will review one document (section) per week. We will place in the
agenda which document
we will be reviewing and keep an additional document "on deck".  First
pass will provide a set of
documents with complete content but not formatted.  Next pass will flush
out sections in our
standard format.  Overlap between documents can be resolved.  Example of
overlap is "header
quality" and "general header" documents.
   Some documents include keywords, which is good for clarification.  We
will cross reference
IBIS keywords were applicable.  We will be mindful of the different IQ
levels and how they effect
the documentation (and checklist).
   We need to enumerate and map document list into the checklist
spreadsheet.

   Stair steppping: Slopes of curves and how they effect simulation: I-V
curves.  Kim found a
numerical precision "stair stepping" issues.  Graphing slope shows a
constant slope, and then
the slope goes to zero for a few points.  This could be a 2-digit
resolution in s2ibis2; up to 10%
error going from one unit to another. s2ibis2 has other numerical
limitations; overlaps points, etc.
due to the way it tries to separate "interesting" and "linear" regions.

AR: Bob will roll this info into his document on I-V tables.

   Bob posted Mike Labonte's documents to web site.

   Review of "Quality Summary" document: Quality Summary describes each
object in the IBIS
file, and goes before the first component or model.  What simulation is
suitable for a receiver?

AR: Barry and Kim to talk offline about expanding the description
details for the quality levels.
Updated document to be posted by December 13th.

- Plans for next meeting
   Complete first review Quality Summary document.
   Begin review of "General Header" and "Header Quality".
   January meeting dates (New Year's eve?  DesignCon Summit.)

AR: ALL: read document to be reviewed prior to December 17th.

- Schedule for next meeting
December 17, 2002
9-10 AM EST (6-7 AM PST)
Phone: 408-974-8478 or 800-249-5618
Meeting access: CONFERENCE SERVER 2, Conference ID: 54644

Meeting ended at 9:05 AM Eastern Time.

Links:
IBIS Home Page, http://www.eigroup.org/ibis/ibis.htm
IBIS Quality Checklist, http://www.sisoft.com/ibis-quality/checklist/