[ibis-quality] First pass documentation for VT/Ramp/Component Section/Model limitations

  • From: Barry Katz <bkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Robert Haller <rhaller@xxxxxxxxxx>, ibis-quality@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 07:13:03 -0500

All,

I have put this in outline form for now. I want to make sure I have all the
points highlighted prior to formatting into agreed upon template.

Barry

Component Section

  * Level 0
    * Package parasitics
      * Must be defined on a component

      * Optional on pins, but if not defined must use NA NA NA
      * Parasitics must be reasonable L <10nF, C <20pF, R <1 ohm
      * External Package model

    * Physical/Logical/Model Pin Mapping
      * Models must exist in file or refer to Model Selector
      * Pin names should not exceed 20 characters (to change?)

      * No Connects represented with NC

      * Power pins must be indicated POWER
      * Gnd pins must be indicated GND
      * Special Pins (e.g. analog) to be represented by NC with note

    * Diff pin sections
      * If defined, physical pins must exist
      * Vdiff must be defined and reasonable
      * Skew data must be defined and reasonable

      * Same models must exist on both pins of a diff pair

    * Model Selector
      * All models must be valid
      * First should be default

  * Level 1
    * Package parasitics
      * Package parasitics are validated against data sheet

    * Physical/Logical/Model Pin Mapping
      * Mapping is validated to be complete and correct
      * Power, Gnd, NC pins validated
      * All pins defined

    * Model Selector
      * First model confirmed to be default

VT Curves/Ramp Data

  * Level 0
    * Should have four VT curves
      * 50 Ohm Pullup (Pullup Voltage = Voltage)
        * Rising
        * Falling

      * 50 Ohm Pulldown
        * Rising
        * Falling

      * Noted Exceptions
        * TBD

    * VT Curves and Ramp should be consistent
    * VT Curves must be monotonic

    * VT Should be consistent with IV curves
    * Ramp data should not be zero
    * No negative ramp values

  * Level 1
    * Ramp should be measured from 20-80% of swing
    * Ramp typ/min/max order verified
    * VT Curves must be visually inspected
      * Should be well behaved with continuous second derivative
      * VT point density should be increased in areas with non-zero second
derivative

      * Excess VT points in beginning and end of VT curves should be removed

        * Relative position between all curves should be maintained
        * Final DC value must be achieved

    * Simulations run and confirmed?  New section?

Model Limitations

  * Level 0
    * Identification of any known limitations in model
      * Examples include PVT
      * Keywords that may be placeholders(such as Vih/Vih)
      * LVDS restrictions
      * etc