[ibis-macro] Re: questions about impulse and clock period in spec

  • From: "C. Kumar" <kumarchi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, fangyi_rao@xxxxxxxxxxx, wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 05:40:52 -0700 (PDT)

on second though for ami init onley one sample is required, with amplitued of
1/dt where dt is the sample_interval

  From: fangyi_rao@xxxxxxxxxxx <fangyi_rao@xxxxxxxxxxx>

  To: ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Date: Thursday, October 15, 2009, 7:34 PM

  Hi, Experts;

  I want to take a break from the flow discussion by asking two
  questions.

  1.
  If the channel is perfect and its impulse response is a Dirac
  delta function, what impulse data should be input to AMI_Init, a pulse (e.g.
  rectangle or triangle) with area being 1, or a discrete data with 1 at t=0
  and 0 at other time points?
  2.
  Section 3.2.2.2 states that “It is to be assumed that the input data signal is
  sampled at exactly one half clock period after a clock time”. Does “clock
  period” mean one UI or the time between two neighboring clock times returned
  by GetWave?

  I’d appreciate it if anyone can provide me clarification.

  Thanks,
  Fangyi