[ibis-macro] Re: feedback on jitter BIRD 123

  • From: "Walter Katz" <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Scott McMorrow'" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 16:09:29 -0400 (EDT)

Scott,

What I meant by the Rx have a "system clock", whas that the Rx CDR uses
reference clock  from some clock on the Rx.

The following note in the current BIRD describes the usage of Rx jitter
parameters that eliminate double counting:

Note:

The "Clock Jitter Parameters" (Rx_Clock_PDF, Rx_Clock_Recovery_Mean,
Rx_Clock_Recovery_Rj, Rx_Clock_Recovery_Sj, Rx_Clock_Recovery_DCD , should
be used by the simulator when analyzing the output of Rx AMI_Init or Rx
AMI_GetWave when Rx AMI_GetWave does not return clock_times. When Rx
AMI_GetWave returns clock_times, the simulator should not use the "Clock
Jitter Parameters". An Rx AMI_GetWave function should return clock_times,
unless it is a Repeater, in which case the AMI_GetWave function may or may
not return clock_times.

Walter