[ibis-macro] On impulse and step responses.

  • From: "Todd Westerhoff" <twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <DBanas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 10:38:36 -0400 (EDT)

Dave,

Can I ask you to confirm your initial question on this subject? I want to
make sure I understand what we're saying before we get too deep into the
math.

It seems to me that you've called into question the mathematics behind
impulse responses being created for current IBIS-AMI models, and therefore
how IBIS-AMI models must be written to process those impulse responses.
If there is indeed a problem with the math, it follows that the current
standard would need to be either updated or extended, depending on how the
details play out.

Is that what you're saying?

Todd.

Todd Westerhoff

VP, Software Products

Signal Integrity Software Inc. . www.sisoft.com

6 Clock Tower Place . Suite 250 . Maynard, MA 01754

(978) 461-0449 x24  .  twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx

"I want to live like that"

                                             -Sidewalk Prophets