[ibis-macro] IBIS-ISS Package Modeling Next Steps

  • From: "Walter Katz" <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "IBIS-ATM" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 19:40:15 -0400 (EDT)

All,

At the next IBIS-ATM I would like to answer any questions about the
presentation I gave today. Posted at:

http://tinyurl.com/cvykehz

or the full URL:

http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/macromodel_wip/archive/20120806/walterkatz/IBI
S-ISS%20Package%20Modeling/IBIS_ISS_Package_Modeling_120807.pdf

If you do have any questions, please either e-mail to this reflector or me
directly.

More importantly, questions to the IC Vendor members:

1.       Does the functionality described in this presentation satisfy
your needs to generate package and on-die models using that your customers
require?

2.       If not, what additional functionality do you need?

3.       Please e-mail answers to question 2 to this reflector or me
directly in advance of the next IBIS-ATM meeting.

Finally, we need to decide whether to pursue this methodology, or use the
methodology describes in BIRDs 125 and 145:

http://www.vhdl.org/pub/ibis/macromodel_wip/archive/20120724/arpadmuranyi/
Package%20Modeling%20in%20IBIS/PackageModeling_with_BIRD125_145.pdf

Make IBIS-ISS Available for IBIS Package Modeling
<http://www.eda.org/ibis/birds/bird125.1.txt>

Cascading IBIS I/O buffers with [External Circuit]s using the [Model Call]
keyword <http://www.eda.org/ibis/birds/bird145.2.txt>

 <mailto:wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx> wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx

Phone 303.449-2308