[ibis-macro] Cross talk columns in impulse_matrix

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "IBIS-ATM" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 15:39:25 -0800

Hello everyone,

According to our discussion in the ATM teleconference today
I would like to start a thread on this email reflector about
the cross talk columns in the impulse_matrix.

I believe we all agree that the restriction on pg. 185 in the
current specification has to be removed:

| The AMI_Init function may return a modified impulse response by
modifying
| the first column of impulse_matrix. If the impulse response is
modified,
| the new impulse response is expected to represent the filtered
response.
| The number of items in the matrix should remain unchanged.
|
| The aggressor columns of the matrix should not be modified.

The question is what should replace it (if anything).  The
spec has to have enough information for the model makers and
the EDA vendors so that models would work in the tools reliably,
but we don't want to over-specify things either, otherwise we
may paint ourselves into a corner.

Ken graciously volunteered to start with a BIRD draft, but I
would like to encourage everyone to offer suggestions so we
could solve this problem adequately.

The attachment contains the drawing we used in the ATM
teleconference today to discuss this topic.