[ibis-macro] Backchannel Comments

  • From: "Walter Katz" <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "IBIS-ATM" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 09:31:47 -0400 (EDT)

All,

We got into the weeds a little bit on how stimulus patters need to be
defined, and we should be doing that - stimulus patterns are important,
and require flexibility in functionality and ease of input and parsing.

I would like to take a step back, and identify the cost of EDA tools
implementing back channel AMI models and IC Vendors need for such
capability in IBIS-AMI. As far as the cost to EDA vendors we can all make
that judgment for ourselves, but I think we can all agree that this is not
simple, and require man months of development and support costs.

As far as need goes, I have seen zilch form IC Vendors and Users, other
than the one supporter of this BIRD. I personally do not think we should
waste any more of our valuable time on back channel, until we get
additional support from the IC Vendor and User community, and then only
after preliminary .bci files are supplied for each SerDes standard that
supports back channel training.

 <mailto:wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx> wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx

Phone 303.449-2308