[ibis-macro] Re: Analog BIRD comparison

  • From: Feras Al-Hawari <feras@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>, IBIS-ATM <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 09:08:05 -0800

Hello Arpad,

In our proposal we are referencing an S-parameter (that represents an active
linear device) from an External Model section. An External Model block was
introduced in IBIS to model analog I/O buffers. Hence based on our proposal we
are adding new constructs in the appropriate container and we are not
intermixing different blocks together. AMI should remain simple and should only
contain algorithmic models (dlls). While any advanced constructs that intend to
model analog I/O buffers should be done under the External Model section in an
simple and generic way. Touchstone is very widespread and it can be wrapped in
a SPICE-like subckt and then used in an External Model. Or as we are proposing
it can be called directly from an External Model without wrapping to make
things easier to the user.

Best regards,

Feras Al-Hawari
Cadence Design Systems