[ibis-macro] Re: AMI-init should pass modified IR to getwave....

  • From: "Walter Katz" <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'ckumar'" <ckumar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 08:16:37 -0400 (EDT)

All,

I believe that what Kumar is saying is that there is no need for a Tx or Rx
to output Init Impulse Response that is to be combined with the output of
GetWave or the input of Rx GetWave. So in this respect I believe Kumar
agrees with me that there is no need for a second Impulse Response output of
Init in a model that supports both Init Statistical and GetWave time domain
processing.

Of course I have always objected, and will continue to object to requiring
that model makers have separate AMI models for Init statistical processing
and GetWave time domain processing. Such a change would deprecate an
important feature that many models use today and is allowed in the original
IBIS 5.0 specification.

Bottom line: Can anyone can express a compelling reason for Init returning
two impulse responses (other than there may be some model makers that are
incapable of implementing the Overlap -save method described in
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overlap%E2%80%93save_method)?

Walter
.