[ibis-macro] Re: AMI-init should pass modified IR to getwave....

  • From: James Zhou <james.zhou@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "kukal@xxxxxxxxxxx" <kukal@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx'" <twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 10:48:51 -0700

Taranjit,

One of the main reasons for BIRD120 to  "take away the flexibility by isolating
init and getwave" is because passing the IR to Tx_Getwave does not work for
non-linear drivers. This practice had been deprecated in BIRD120.

The differences between the two reference flows (IBIS 5.0 vs. BIRD120) have
been analyzed in the IBIS Quality presentations dated 17-AUG-2011 and
06-SEP-2011,  archived at  http://www.eda.org/ibis/quality_wip/archive-date.html

The diagram in your original email does not comply with either IBIS 5.0 or
IBIS120. "IR" should not be convolved with TX_Getwave output.

In order to achieve what you need to do, the chip-RDL-routing IR should be
incorporated into the analog channel IR (aka  hAC(t)) and, the rest of the
reference flow as specified in BIRDF120 should work fine without problem.

The existing specification (BIRD120 to be adopted by IBIS5.1) has already
achieved what you asked for in the last two paragraphs of your original email,
which had been explained in detail in above presentations.

James Zhou