[ibis-macro] Re: AMI BIRD Default Amendment

  • From: Bob Ross <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 17:54:16 -0800

Walter:

Ok, this is a combined amendment where we are also assuming
that we now can make optional certain parameters in five "boolean"
keywords.   The simple sentence

| If there is no Allowed-Value method, and (Default <value>) is specified,
         then the
|       only Allowed Value will be <value>.

We need to identify explicitly which parameters support "no allowed-value".

Specifically we are now creating special case rules for a group of
"boolean_reserved_parameters" where we can optionally omit either or both
Value and Type.

  Init_Returns_Impulse |      || Required   || first 5 are boolean parameters
  GetWave_Exists |            || Required
  Use_Init_Output |

  Init_Returns_Filter |       || New

  Max_Init_Aggressors |

Page 144 of the spec also applies to Ignore_Bits, of Type Integer.

  Ignore_Bits |               || Type Integer, different rules

Currently Value is required and therefore not identified as a
parameter which will allow only Default per V5.0.  This is also
rigidly enforced in V5.0 IBIS-AMI.  A rule for this case needs to be
added.

Bob

I still object to making some of the syntax optional, but that
will be on my issues to be resolved/discussed list.

Walter Katz wrote:
All,

I am enclosing a ?Default Amendment?, that should allow IBIS 5.0 ami files to be legal in the revised standard by allowing Default to be specified without having an Allowed Value field. In effect, Default becomes an alternative way of saying Value.

303.449-2308

Mobile 720.333-1107

wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx

www.sisoft.com

--
Bob Ross
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC     Teraspeed Labs

Teraspeed is a registered service mark of Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC