[ibis-macro] Re: A new IBIS 5.1 Issue

  • From: Mike LaBonte <mike@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: IBIS-ATM <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 17:26:07 -0400

I think EDA tools use Model_type mainly to decide whether to try to
stimulate it, interpret received signals at it, or neither of the above. A
Terminator model's I/V curves will affect the simulation, but the EDA tool
might not measure any data at it's terminals. It really should be used for
dedicated terminator pins that might have somewhat complex curves.

An AMI model is always called "the TX' or 'the RX', so I can't see them ever
serving us just a terminator. The analog portion of an RX AMI model might
serve to terminate, but ignoring the DLL returns seems like a waste of
resources.

Mike