[ibis-interconn] Re: New keyword [Buffer Rail Mapping]

  • From: "Randy Wolff (rrwolff)" <rrwolff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Walter Katz <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>, IBIS-Interconnect <ibis-interconn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 22:41:02 +0000

Walter,

We certainly (in IBIS) allow buffers to have different power and ground
connections to the driver and the clamps.  However, I've never modeled an I/O
that is like this, so maybe someone else can provide an example?

I've modeled devices where the I/Os are designed to work at multiple voltages
(2.5V or 1.8V), but the output driver and clamps are connected to the same rail
(VCCQ).  On those same devices, the Address/Command inputs are connected to
VCC, so you could be operating the bus at say 1.8V but the Input's clamps were
connected to 2.5V.  In this case, I could still describe the power and ground
connections to the I/O and Inputs with just power_ref and gnd_ref labels.

Randy