[ibis-interconn] Re: New keyword [Buffer Rail Mapping]

  • From: "Bob Ross" <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Randy Wolff \(rrwolff\)'" <rrwolff@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'IBIS-Interconnect'" <ibis-interconn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 16:59:06 -0700

Walter:

I do not what changes Randy proposed but my responses are

below

The three/five/six rule makes it consistent with [Pin Mapping].

This allows for reduced number of columns (e.g., just

the pullup_ref and pulldown_ref) even for an Input device

or Terminator.

For PECL, the pullup_ref, pulldown_ref, and power_clamp_ref are

connected to Vdd,  Only the gnd_clamp_ref is connected to Vss or (or gnd).

So the pulldown_ref and gnd_clamp_ref can be different.

I cannot think of an opposite situation, but for completeness

we need to support up to six columns.

Bob