[ian-reeds-games] Re: tactical battle dev error

  • From: shaun everiss <sm.everiss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 10:10:10 +1300

well I just posted the message to the list with the error inn it
---------------------------

---------------------------
An error has occurred. Please notify the game creator of this error. You can copy the entire error to your clipboard by pressing control + C. Then you can paste it into an email by pressing control + V and send the email to support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.

at System.DateTimeParse.ParseExact(String s, String format, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles style)

at System.DateTime.ParseExact(String s, String format, IFormatProvider provider)

at Ian.DownloadLog.Parse(MyParserStreamReader sr) in C:\Data\Recent\Games\TacticalBattle\DownloadLog.cs:line 26

at Ian.TBHM.CheckForMapPackUpdates() in C:\Data\Recent\Games\TacticalBattle\TBHelperMethods.cs:line 1096

at Ian.MainMenu.Process(TBWorld ent) in C:\Data\Recent\Games\TacticalBattle\TBStates\MainMenu.cs:line 69

at Ian.SceneMachine`1.Process(T ent) in C:\Data\Recent\Games\GameEngine\SceneMachine.cs:line 52

at Ian.TBWorld.ProcessScene() in C:\Data\Recent\Games\TacticalBattle\TBWorld.cs:line 97

at Ian.TBGameLoop.InnerSingleLoop(TBWorld ent, QueuedGameInput formInput) in C:\Data\Recent\Games\TacticalBattle\TBGameLoop.cs:line 61

at Ian.GameLoopLogic.RunLoops[TWorld](TWorld ent, QueuedGameInput formInput, Action`2 runSingleLoop, Double totalElapsedSeconds, Double fixedTimeStep, Int32& processedTicks) in C:\Data\Recent\Games\GameEngine\GameLoopLogic.cs:line 28

at Ian.TBGameLoop.RunLoops(TBWorld ent, QueuedGameInput formInput) in C:\Data\Recent\Games\TacticalBattle\TBGameLoop.cs:line 24

at Ian.GameWindow`1.RunGameLoop() in C:\Data\Recent\Games\GameEngine\GameWindow.cs:line 129

at Ian.GameWindow`1.GameLoopTimer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Data\Recent\Games\GameEngine\GameWindow.cs:line 171

   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)

   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------
I suspect that there is something screwy going with the date paser because the update only allowed 1 file before the update failed and with the new version only 1 map is allowed to download. Also when coppying the update straight on top of an existing dev installation a similar error is generated on startup. the settings were in the right place, at least unless there was another folder called new in the updated version I didn't read.
Never the less you said that there were changes, and well there you go.

At 07:29 a.m. 4/03/2015, you wrote:
You copied Settings to the data lib folder?
I don't know which folder that is.
You are supposed to copy them to the new Data for TB folder.
That's the same relative location as in the old folder.

Not sure about the date string error when downloading.
Craig did mention a change to parsing dates in the changelog, but I haven't seen what code changed so can't comment yet.

On 3/3/2015 1:10 AM, shaun everiss wrote:
Hi ian.
Well I did that coppied my settings to the data lib settings ffolder.
on starting the game, I had to unlock it and set the options.
I then went to download to check maps and all the maps displayed as not have been downloaded. I downloaded 1 pack the getting started one in case it was newer or something.
I then tried to download another map and got this.
error, something about the date string being incorect.
My system date is correct.
I thought coppying all settings overr would not have this happen with maps.
All maps do play though.