[ian-reeds-games] Re: optional status window?

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 12:36:35 -0400

That is a great idea!

From: ian-reeds-games-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ian-reeds-games-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of garrett knight
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 11:54 AM
To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ian-reeds-games] optional status window?

Hello there.
So I had a thought, has anyone ever had a unit with a rather large
number of points on them? I know in the angel wars map pack I am making,
I have a couple units with a lot of points on them. You have your
health, your soul health, your mana, your devine, your stamina, your
energy, your actions, and some have other points for things like arrows,
cannon balls, etc. And then you have your effects. Does anyone else find
that pressing f4 on a unit to get every last detail vomited out at you
is a little hard to keep up with? Even more so if your only looking for
just 1 point. So if your looking for, say, your energy, in the case of
my map pack, you would have to go through the other stuff before you can
get to the point your looking for. So what if there was a key stroke you
could use, to get a sort of list. Sort of like the battle log? So you
could down arrow, and see stuff like this.
10 of 20 health
6 of 8 stamina
250 of 400 energy
effected by regeneration

The other reason I think this would be a good idea is because other than
looking into a point's text file, I don't see another way for the
point's description to be spoken. So you could press f4, on say, the
health point, and the description of the health point would be spoken.
Same way with effects. So you wouldn't have to use shift f4 and wait for
it to finish spewing out all the other information to get to the effect
you want.
Again, this is mearly a thought. Let me know what you think.

-----
You can unsubscribe from this list by sending email to
ian-reeds-games-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field.
Or by visiting the list page at //www.freelists.org/list/ian-reeds-games

Download the latest dev version of Tactical Battle here:
http://blindaudiogames.com/downloads/Tactical%20Battle%20Dev.zip

-----