[ian-reeds-games] off topic, drop box

  • From: michael Tholl <mrtholl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 14:42:57 -0400

Hi everyone,
This is somewhat off topic, but I'm having a real issue with using dropbox.
I can't seem to make a file public, so that it can be downloaded by others.
I've looked at the helps, and thought I'd followed the directions, but
I still seem to be having an issue with making things downloadable.
I'm using jaws 14 on a windows7 64 machine if that helps.
To tie this into the actual content of the mailing list, this is the
method I'd planned to use whenver I finished my map pack, since
sendspace has a 300mb limit, and I can upload way more on dropbox.
The real problem is, on my computer, I don't seem to have a public
folder in the drop box folder.  I seem to be able to generate a link
for posting, but the download doesn't seem to be working. If anyone
has had this issue and solved it, or has suggestions on what I can do,
or an alternative site, I'd appreciate the help.
Thanks
Michael