[ian-reeds-games] Re: off topic, drop box

  • From: Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 12:51:56 -0600

Hey Michael,

I haven't had that issue. I'll give exact details about how I make files public but it sounds like you may already be aware of how it is supposed to work.

This is where the public folder is located on my machine:
C:\Users\Ian Reed\Dropbox\Public

I place a file in it, then in Windows Explorer I right click on the file and go to the dropbox sub menu.

Then I choose the Copy public link option.

Then I paste the link which has been put in my clipboard into an email.

Sorry I can't be more help than that.

Ian Reed

On 4/17/2013 12:42 PM, michael Tholl wrote:
Hi everyone,
This is somewhat off topic, but I'm having a real issue with using dropbox.
I can't seem to make a file public, so that it can be downloaded by others.
I've looked at the helps, and thought I'd followed the directions, but
I still seem to be having an issue with making things downloadable.
I'm using jaws 14 on a windows7 64 machine if that helps.
To tie this into the actual content of the mailing list, this is the
method I'd planned to use whenver I finished my map pack, since
sendspace has a 300mb limit, and I can upload way more on dropbox.
The real problem is, on my computer, I don't seem to have a public
folder in the drop box folder.  I seem to be able to generate a link
for posting, but the download doesn't seem to be working. If anyone
has had this issue and solved it, or has suggestions on what I can do,
or an alternative site, I'd appreciate the help.
Thanks
Michael