[ian-reeds-games] Re: linux

  • From: Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 23:50:37 -0600

Hi Josh,

The game is written in C# and uses the DirectX library.
C# can be run on linux using mono but I do not believe DirectX can be used on linux at all.

This would require me to change to a new audio library. In addition I would need to figure out how a SAPI equivalent works on linux which I have no idea about.

And I just realized the javascript hosting library I use is also windows specific.

So in short I don't have any plans to port it to linux because it would be a tremendous amount of work.

Sorry about that.

Ian Reed

On 4/27/2013 11:21 PM, Josh Kennedy wrote:
hi
can you please make this software run on linux such as ubuntu or sonar accessible linux?

thanks

Josh