[ian-reeds-games] Re: linux

  • From: Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 01:56:30 -0400

that's fine. I could just run it in windows xp in a vm and it should still work fine. vm is virtual machine in vmware player or virtual box under linux.

On 4/28/2013 1:50 AM, Ian Reed wrote:
Hi Josh,

The game is written in C# and uses the DirectX library.
C# can be run on linux using mono but I do not believe DirectX can be
used on linux at all.

This would require me to change to a new audio library.  In addition I
would need to figure out how a SAPI equivalent works on linux which I
have no idea about.

And I just realized the javascript hosting library I use is also windows
specific.

So in short I don't have any plans to port it to linux because it would
be a tremendous amount of work.

Sorry about that.

Ian Reed

On 4/27/2013 11:21 PM, Josh Kennedy wrote:
hi
can you please make this software run on linux such as ubuntu or sonar
accessible linux?

thanks

Josh