[ian-reeds-games] getting skill/item/effect/point objects, given their unique IDs or IndexedName

  • From: "Victorious" <dtvictorious@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 03:15:32 +0800

Hi Craig/Ian,

Is there currently a way to get a effect/skill/item/point object if you have
its unique name? For example, I'd like to improve a effects_on_apply flag on
effects. I need to assume that the effect type (unit or tile effect) that
the script is used on, and the effects specified match as otherwise bad
things will happen. If I had that ability, I could define custom behaviour -
if the effect that script is on is a tile effect and some effects in the
effects_on_apply string are actually unit effects, the map creater probably
intended them to apply to everything in the tile.

Victorious