[ian-reeds-games] Re: effect sound

  • From: Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2013 09:40:53 -0700

Hi Allan,

You did keep it reasonably simple, smile.
My first priority when I get back to TB is to fix the remaining bugs.
But I'll consider adding this feature at the same time.

This particular feature could also be added as a script flag by Craig.
So you might consider beseeching him for his amazing scripting skills, smile.

Ian Reed

On 12/7/2013 7:26 AM, Allan Thompson wrote:
Hi Ian,
I was hoping to ask for something simple.
Is it possible to add in a flag  in effects so that a sound plays when it's
duration expires?

An example is in age of warlords. A weer warrior transformed into a weer
wolf  has about four rounds before the effect is activated due to the
zeroing  of a certain point.
Right now, it simply changes back. I would like it to make some kind of
sound so that the player has an audible clue that this happened.
I am not sure what it would be called. Maybe "activate_effect_sound" or
"end_of_duration_sound"
  ". I am not sure when it would play actually. Either when the effect takes
effect, or it's duration runs out, especially for duration=0 effects.
Hopefully I made some kind of sense on this request, grin.

al

The truth will make you free"
Jesus Christ of Nazareth 33AD