[ian-reeds-games] Re: Tombrobbers ate my Baby!!

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 17:45:20 -0400

Yeah, I didn't think to save them since it seemed like something I might run
into again. Apparently, you don't, lol.

My last battle was brutal.
I kept Crappie behind, as always, and got intot he room, and stood two spaces
away. My thought was to smash the hydra statue,a nd then race up near the exit
and hopefully take me out of any potential enemy attacks.
Well, that didn't work, and I got  my butt handed to me.I figured out the ice
thing dureing the first round, so I boned up on all the food and med kits I had
left ,which were pitifully low, and threw on my anti fire armor and prepared
the ice sword and stood next to the thing. I figured I could kill it and step
forward  out of it's dangerous smoke screen.
What I wasn't expecting was the ram. I know I should have checked it's
abilities, but that ram attack squished my guy, right after losing fifty some
odd points to the smoke screen. I was actually expecting the dragon breath
attack, lol.

Well, after that , I knew that I could beat it if I had taken some basic
precautions.
So I had crappie run into the smoke screen squares and he got toasted too.

I love the unique death sounds and death descriptions! It makes me want to go
back into starship gbattles and  do a couple of those using Craig's scripts.

So in short, I think  with a  scroll, panic and an ice sword I should have been
able to kill the hydra, although I should hold onto those ice arrows on my next
attempt, grin.