[ian-reeds-games] more tomb robber stuff

  • From: "Carlos Macintosh" <sleepio1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 05:56:04 -0400

I’ve posted another minor update to tomb robber. I forgot to give the blessed
axe of fire giant might a range, so you couldn’t actually win the game. That’s
fixed now. Also, all of the unique giants, like the advisor, marksman and the
treasure warden have defeat text. And battling the stone hydra statue was
ridiculously easy. I think I need to give its ranged abilities a bit more
range, because I was able to throw arrows at it, and retreat out of range,
without suffering any damage at all. I think it can smokescreen on tiles now,
so that should make things a bi harder. Tell me how it is. I’ve also made it so
only the giant hybrid waits till enemies are in sight. This should make it
easier on you because you no longer have to walk into an enemy’s range to start
fighting, and it will come to you if it can. But for some of the tougher
enemies things might be a bit harder. See if you like it. Anyway, have fun with
tomb robber! The link is the same as always.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8252087/tomb%20robber.zip
Now, a rather less joyful piece of news...
And here’s an error I just got
Hi, After loading a saved game, and click return to map selection men, I get
this error message:
---------------------------

---------------------------
An error has occurred.  Please notify the game creator of this error.  You can
copy the entire error to your clipboard by pressing control + C.  Then you can
paste it into an email by pressing control + V and send the email to
support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: key

   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)

   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.FindEntry(TKey key)

   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)

   at Game.MapMenu.Enter(World ent) in
C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\States\MapMenu.cs:line 16

   at Game.StateMachine`1.EndChangeState() in
C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\StateMachine.cs:line 55

   at Game.StateMachine`1.Process() in
C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\StateMachine.cs:line 39

   at Game.Form1.RunGameLoop(Boolean keyPressed) in
C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\Form1.cs:line 180

   at Game.Form1.Form1_KeyDown(Object sender, KeyEventArgs e) in
C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\Form1.cs:line 211

   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)

   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)

   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyMessage(Message& m)

   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m)

   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr
wparam, IntPtr lparam)
OK