[ian-reeds-games] Tactical Battle 1.13 dev 20

  • From: Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 23:27:10 -0600

Hi guys,

I improved the graphics performance so that leaving them on isn't a big deal anymore.
I also improved the performance of the AI so it works well on big maps.
As an example graphics would freeze the game on a 170 by 170 tile map and a single wolf unit would take about 2 seconds to move on a 50 by 50 tile map, (not including the time for announcing his move in text to speech). I'm now testing on a 1000 by 1000 tile map and the graphics don't freeze the game and the wolf takes about 6.5 seconds to move, but that's not too bad for 1 million tiles.
I wish I could have tracked these issues down ages ago.
I definitely tried, but I guess this time I had better performance logging tools, and more luck, smile.

Here's the change log for the versions since dev 15:
40 Improved the way sounds were loaded and disposed which greatly improved memory usage.
41 Added an option in preferences to turn off the graphics.
42 Significantly improved TB map rendering performance on large maps.
43 Significantly improved AI performance on large maps.

I also fixed the bugs people noticed including that last one from Vojtech.

Here's the link for dev 20:
http://BlindAudioGames.com/downloads/Tactical%20Battle%201.13%20dev%2020.zip

Enjoy!