[ian-reeds-games] Re: TB 2.0 question and thought

  • From: "Craig Brett" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "craigbrett17@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2014 19:03:53 +0100

Hi Niklas,

I'm waiting on people to tell me if TB seems stable, so far I've only got my own assumption that it is. If it is, we then need to write up a post explaining the new stuff and that's it, as far as I can tell. Ian might be able to give a more concrete answer.

As for when, well, I really hope soon. I just wouldn't mind someone else other than me testing it, for sanity's sake.

As for cutscenes and stuff. Yes, map pack creaters can do this. However, most of them won't have access to actors and such like. If they do, then great! But I don't believe this has been done so far. But the engine would support it.

Cheers,
Craig

On 01/10/2014 21:58, Niklas Rittinghaus wrote:
Hi,

i never played the dev versions nor the new maps, but from what I
heared in this list, there have been somewhat completely new games
been developed with the map packs and all the new possibilities. I
am definately excited about the coming TB 2.0 Version. Will this take
a long time from now on or can you eventually say when it could be
ready? Wow, as the first versions came out, i never had thought that
TB would grow so much. I think this will be the release with the most
additions and changes in it till yet. By the way, do the included
maps let Sapi tell the story in the cut scenes, just like in tomb
robbers or are there map packs with real cut scenes and intros, i
mean with sounds in it as well? I'll give this a try, some of the
map packs including the both star wars packs, the both star ship packs
and the age of war lords seem to be very interesting.

Best regards
Niklas

---
Diese E-Mail ist frei von Viren und Malware, denn der avast! Antivirus Schutz
ist aktiv.