[ian-reeds-games] Re: Potential script flag, related to damage

  • From: Monkey <murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 06:56:34 -0600

I'd use the replace skill sound, and if both the sword and staff are
equipped it would play the sound I specify for that possibility, which
would consist of both the sword and the staff.

The replace sound I did mention, eeyup.

You mean different than using a range, like health_restore=55r300?

You should already have access to my apply_effects script, which works
almost exactly like that...

On 10/5/15, Allan Thompson <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I am not exactly sure what you mean by playing a sword and staff sound
together. Do you mean two separate attacks, or do you just want the sounds
combined some other way?

Yes, I am using everyones scripts for some pretty nifty things when
concerning equipping/unequipping. The scripts are just amazing!
In addition, with equipped weapons that piggyback off a unit's skills, there
is a replace sound flag, but I get what you mean I think about the sounds I
was talking about.

As for the effects and restore...For restore it could be for a healing
potion that can do different amounts of healing randomly. Yes, I got an
alchemist in mind, grin.

The effects are simply that.

For a skill involving different elemental powers you could have random
effects.
So A fire effect could involve the fire damage plus anything else, like
leaving burnt ground, or setting the target on fire and melting their
armor...or the cold effect would do cold damage plus leave frozen ground,
freeze the target solid etc and so forth.
So I would guess it could be called random_effects with effects listed with
commas or vertical bars. It wouldn’t really work in conjunction with
the random inflict and/or random restore. Still, It might have merit,
hopefully.

Hope I explained that ight. It sounds so good in my head, ol.