[ian-reeds-games] Free sound effects and music

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ian-reeds-games@freelist" <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 17:37:46 -0400

I am putting this up for anyone who missed it last time...

The Recordist:
http://www.therecordist.com/free-sfx

Sound Dogs:
http://www.sounddogs.com/

Hollywood edge:
http://www.hollywoodedge.com/

http://soundbible.com/

affordable sounds for everyone:
http://www.affordableaudio4everyone.com/

http://www.shockwave-sound.com/Sound_Effects.html

Star trek dimensions multimedia library:
http://www.stdimension.org/MediaLib/technologye.htm

The Force.net post production starwars/startrek/guns and more:
http://theforce.net/fanfilms/postproduction/soundfx/index.asp

Voices and vocals:
http://www.pacdv.com/sounds/voices-1.html

Free sounds _not the greatest):
http://www.freesfx.co.uk/sfx/whoosh

Sound snap:
http://www.soundsnap.com/

audiomicro:
http://www.audiomicro.com/

blastwave fx:
http://www.blastwavefx.com/

Some free royalty music sites are below.
You will need a bit torrent program like bit comet.
game mp3s:
http://www.gamemp3s.net/torrents/

Overclocked:
http://ocremix.org/

No soap radio:
http://www.nosoapradio.us/

*If anyone finds any more royalty free music, and sound effect sites that
feature free sounds, please let the list know, and I will put it on this list.
Perhaps Ian might want to make a resources and links page for his website to
have a more permenant copy on hand for everyone to use?

*Thanks to Kai, Carlos and Ian for their contributions.