[ian-reeds-games] Re: Dev 52

  • From: "Craig Brett" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "craigbrett17@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 22:52:27 +0100

Hi Ian,

Nice one. Will your first change that we should notice fix a bug of Carlos's? He was noticing that the Javascript object wasn't being persisted properly between saves and loads, and things that have transformed, for example, wouldn't know what they had to turn back into as that was stored on the Javascript object.

Thought I'd check. I'll hopefully give it a bash in the very near future.

Craig

On 02/10/2014 22:18, Ian Reed wrote:
Hi all,

Here's dev 52. I did a number of internal code changes that hopefully won't affect anything.

I also fixed these 2 issues:
Fixed a bug where loading a game would run the javascript code while the global object was in play, thus overwriting some saved data. Fixed a bug where the current tile would be announced along with sound before the battle log appeared.

The first one is only for scripters and made it so if you had a script that did this:
global.ian_reed = {};
You'd have to wrapp it in something like:
if (!global.ian_reed) {
    global.ian_reed = {};
}

I think Craig's just been working around this since this bug was introduced. But I feel like it really was buggy behavior and should not have been working that way.
Hopefully scripts weren't relying on that behavior.

Let Craig and I know if you guys notice any issues.

~ Ian Reed