[ian-reeds-games] Re: Charm/Whatever we're calling it script and SW maps update

  • From: "Craig Brett" <craigbrett17@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 22:47:56 -0000

Hi Allan,

Well, I blame Canada! For it not working in the first place.

Yeah, ideally I’d like to have an effect option. The permenant thing is useful,
for capturing buildings and vehicles and such, but an effect on organics may
well be time-limited, but then that depends on the effect and who casts it.

I took into consideration what you said about the level. I’m not sure what to
do about Chewy’s bowcaster. I know he has one, but I don’t recall him using it
in the movies, he seemed to prefer melee. But it might come in handy in case of
a ranged fight, if ever he ends up in one. Leia’s pretty much safe to wander at
will. I wasn’t sure whether to be explicit about the location of the grate,
since Leia sees it in the movie but no one else notices it so I wasn’t sure
which side of that to go with. As for Han, well, I’ve made him a better shot
than the stormtroopers, who deals a bit more damage and is a bit luckier with
his shots. I know most of his skill is as a pilot, though, but maybe I can
think of a sneaky smuggler skill to give him to make him useful. And no, the
blaster fire missing sounds are new. Having a blank sound on a missed shot
sounded wrong so I thought I’d correct it.

I have updated the maps a little. Han and Chewy now hide behind cover in that
level, which is a terrain which just gives them a bit of protection from energy
or physical weapons. I’ve also fixed the annoying AI bug thing. I’m now not
sure if with the cover the level’s too easy. There needs to be a bit of
urgency, somehow. Chewy’s slightly too tough and Han just slightly too
underpowered. I’ll see what I can come up with.

I’m glad you are blundering into the troopers on Obi Wan’s level, means I’m
doing my job well lol. Even I bump into them from time to time. Yeah, I might
make the lightsaber a bit more powerful. I could add some random into it too to
make things interesting.

I remember what you said about maybe going with the pre-episode IV story. I
like it. I think it’s been covered in some of the SW novels and I think the
plans were stolen by prisoners on the Death Star when they rioted. I could make
up my own version of events or cover that story arc, I’m not sure yet. But a
riot could play out quite fun, especially with items and taking Stormtroopers’s
guns and such.

Cheers,

Craig