[ian-reeds-games] Re: Charm/Whatever we're calling it script and SW maps update

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 20:07:25 -0500

Hi craig,
I bet if I took all of canada's left handed hammers, they would think twice
before messing with me again!

There is some star wars books that feature the death star and a bit about the
raid to steal the plans. They aren't cannon by any means, but they were
excellent reads.
The first one, death star, is by Michael Stackpole I think. It is one of those
"behind the scenes" of the first movie featureing the death star itself and it
is really interesting how the author managed to fit the star wars movie 4
elements in pretty seemlessly.
For example, in the fourth movie, there is a short almost incidental scene
where a ship crashes intot he death star, and blows out a hallway. The author
took that incident and used it to fit  in with what he had going on, which was
really interesting.

In the han solo trilogy , it features one of han's old flames leading a raid on
the imperial base that had the plans. The han solo trilogy actually is a really
good read, so give that a try when you  have the time.

I will download the maps for starwars when you get down with them...or are they
ready now? I wasn't sure from the email.