Re: [i3] Google hangouts extension

  • From: Michael Stapelberg <michael@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Anders Aagaard <aagaande@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2014 13:49:37 +0200

Hi Anders,

Anders Aagaard <aagaande@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Alternately I could add some code to start sending events for
con_set_urgency (since focus request that fails now sets an urgency),
but it wouldn't be usable for my use case unless I also add a reason
for the urgency change. Which I guess could be
demands_attention/focus_request and wm_hints? Not sure about that last
one, where it's really coming from ;).
I think adding an event for urgency with the reason sounds reasonable.

I have the tests working with nvidia 331.67. Can you be more specific
about what breaks on your machine?

It's an issue with glx, I've got an nvidia optimus setup, so I'm not
terribly surprised. I could probably get it working fine by not
out it fails starting the X session, so it's not the test running part
that's broken).
It’d be good to fix that. We call Xdummy with -config /dev/null which is
supposed to not use the system X11 config at all. If that has changed,
it should be updated to continue running in an isolated-enough
environment.

--
Best regards,
Michael