Re: [i3] Arrange workspaces in two rows

  • From: Marcos Moyano <marcos@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Discussions/Questions about the i3 window manager" <i3-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 10:21:14 -0300

You can do something like:
bindsym Control+Mod1+Right workspace next
bindsym Control+Mod1+Left workspace prev

to iterate over your workspaces (this cycles: ie: from 1 to n with
Ctrl+Mod1+Left). I'm not sure about the two rows thing.

rgds,
Marcos

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 9:24 AM, Christian Kruse <cjk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey,

is it possible to arrange your workspaces in two rows as for example in
Xfce
or KDE?

I'd like to do so because I want to be able to switch to a specific
workspace
within fewer keystrokes without having to use workspace <no>, e.g.
$mod-Down,
$mod-Right would switch me to workspace 5 in a two-rows-6-workspaces setup.

Is this possible to achieve with i3?

Greetings,
CK

--