[huskerlug] Re: VISTA - the last of its kind...

  • From: Patrick <pberry26@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: huskerlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 06:40:55 -0800 (PST)

--- Jim Worrest <jworrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>       Interesting message, I even forwarded it, to a lot
> of Windows users. :-D  I
> don't know about the fascination of people wanting
> to have all of their
> material on the Internet, however.  I know some who
> are going that way, but I
> wouldn't. OpenOffice seems like a good, free
> alternative for Google and
> Microsoft, especially since hard drives are getting
> cheaper all the time.
> However, the OO team seems to be neglecting Windows
> 98/Millennium lately. :-(
>  Ah, well, now that's a minor detail for Linux
> users.  ---Jim
>
> GreyGeek wrote:

Are the OO developers also neglecting Windows 95 and
3.1?  All of those you noted are also NOT supported by
Microsoft.

The normal and accepted standard is for "third party
prviders" to drop support for "out of print" Operating
Systems.

When the originator ceases to support, update,
upgrade, their products, there is often no recourse,
nor any responsibility on the "Third Party Providers".

More good reasons to stick with Open Source Software!

--
P. Berry, USAF (Retired) http://www.af.mil  Linux User #65411
http://lugww.counter.li.org  http://knopper.net/knoppix http://distrowatch.com